Dr. Bob Kirchner ~Brande OHare
SSSD Counseling Department Vision Statement:
The mission of the SSSD Counseling Department is to facilitate all students’ academic, personal/social, and career development through the delivery of a comprehensive school counseling program that is developmentally appropriate and preventative in design. Steamboat Springs Counselors are highly qualified professionals who advocate for the needs of students and families within the community. We ensure that all students have the opportunity to achieve and reach their personal goals in a positive and safe learning environment.
Articles for Parents: The Role of the School Counselor
- New Student Enrollment
- Assessment Coordination and Administration
- Small Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Peer Conflict Mediation
- Restorative Justice Program
- Community Therapist Referrals
- Large Group Counseling (ie. classroom instruction)
- Coordination: Counselors serve as coordinators between staff, parents,students, and community.
- Career Counseling/Interest Exploration
- Day Treatment Services
- Staff/Parent In services when available
- Individual Parent Conferences available by appointment
Small Group Counseling
- Anger Group: Serves students who have had problems controlling and properly expressing anger; discussion and role-playing.
- Grief and Loss: Serves students who have lost a family member recently; helps them through the different stages of the grief process.
- Girls Group: Serves young women and addresses issues girls face during adolescence.
- Boys Group: Serves young men and addresses issues boys face during adolescence.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); Licensed Professional School Counselor ColoradoPhone:
970-871-3587Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours: M-F 8:00am-3:45pm
Dr. Bob Kirchner
Licensed School Psychologist
Hours: T/R 8:00 - 3:45
We recognize and abide by the American School Counseling Association's (ASCA) Ethical Standards for School Counselors and the American Counseling Association's (ACA) Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.